Replace the oil filter every 100 hours or every other oil change.
Note: Change the oil filter more often in dusty, dirty conditions.
1. Drain the oil from the engine; refer to Changing and Draining the Oil in engine Maintenance.
2. Remove the old filter and wipe the filter adapter gasket surface.
3. Apply a thin coat of clean oil to the rubber gasket on the replacement filter.
4. Install the replacement oil filter to the filter adapter. Turn the oil filter clockwise until the rubber gasket contacts the filter adapter, then tighten the filter an additional 1/2 to 3/4 turn.
5. Fill the crankcase with the proper type of new oil; refer to Changing the Oil (above).